These are my “rules” for myself for this project. None are carved in stone, and of course I retain the right to change, ignore, or modify them as I see fit 🙂
- I’ll attempt to bake the Technical Challenge of a given week, using the most authentic recipe I can find for it (almost always the one given on the BBC GBBO website.
- I’ll attempt these in roughly chronological order, both by series, and episode, starting with 2012 (BBC Series #3, Netflix “The Beginnings”).
- Before each season, I’ll post a preview of what’s to come, including any equipment I had to buy.
- Before I start the bake, I’ll re-watch the relevant show. It’s possible some commentary will appear about the show itself.
- While I do the bake, I’ll attempt to get some photos documenting the process to some degree or other. Don’t expect a graphic step-by-step process.
- When done, the post will include:
- The recipe
- Discussion of any changes that needed to be made, including translation of terminology from British to American.
- A pic of what they expected, and a pic of what I produced
- Discussion of the process, things I would change, and opinion on how it turned out
- Possibly discussion of the episode itself, up to and including “What the hell was that that Noel was wearing?”
Again, this may change, and I’ll update this post if I make any major changes.